Thursday, August 25, 2011

Celebrating Love

 There is only one happiness in life—to love and be loved. 
-George Sands

As I sit at work with the rain pouring outside, I am ready to tackle a few remaining items on my to-do list before heading out of town for the weekend. This week has been a busy one... crunch time at work on a large project, an impromptu engagement party for 2 of my dear friends, and a weekend away on the horizon. The major theme of the week (and impending weekend) is love, and celebrating it to the fullest. 

Today is my grandparents' 60th wedding anniversary, and this weekend, we will all come to Ohio from near & far to join in celebrating this momentous occasion. Born and raised in small town Ohio, they married at the age of 20 and raised 3 wonderful children (the eldest of which is my dad). Love and family are the two most important things to my grandparents, and I have found such inspiration in the two of them, particularly in regard to their enduring love. They've been there by each others side throughout the happiest and most challenging moments of their lives, never failing to continue making the choice to honor and love one another.

I wanted to come up with a way to properly honor the occasion, so I thought of hiring a photographer to come and document the evening. I was able to connect with a friend from high school who takes photos on the side, and she will be joining us to capture the evening. It is well worth the money, because all of us will be able to fully enjoy the evening and the photos will be a wonderful tribute that will live on. 

I am looking forward to taking a pause from my hectic life in the city to celebrate love and the wonderful family that will surround me. 

(Image via WeHeartIt)

No comments: