Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Winter Favorites

I love the start of a fresh, new month, and the flipping of the calendar from January to February was just in the nick of time. I typically love winter (cable knit sweaters! cozy blankets! staying inside!), but these past few weeks even gave me a run for my money. 

The extreme cold, the dark nights, and lack of twinkling lights just made things seem a little bleak. Most nights I'd wearily trudge into my apartment after work, light a few candles, and curl up with a blanket or comforter on the couch -- not exactly what New Year's resolutions are made of.  


But yet, "to everything there is a season", as they say, and so I've decided to fully embrace the remaining winter days by indulging in those things that make it more bearable. 



// Josie Maran Argan Oil - my lovely friend Ashley gifted me with a little set of argan oil products for Christmas, and this 100% argan oil has been a lifesaver this winter. I've been using 3 or 4 drops on my face to moisturize it day and night, and have also been adding a few drops in with my body lotion on really cold days. 

// CeraVe Moisturizing Cream - I've had a lifelong issue with dry skin and eczema, and this thick, luxurious cream (available at the drugstore!) has completely transformed my typical itchy winter skin. I think I've tried every body lotion out there, and this is the one for me.

// Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer - I remember my mom giving me a tube of under eye concealer when I was about 11 years old, and I've used one every day since. Though the price tag on this is a little hefty, it's the best I've ever used, and the creamy consistency doesn't try out my under eye area. 

// David's Tea Cream of Earl Grey - I love many teas, but this earl grey with the addition of vanilla is the bee's knees. I have a cup almost every morning during these chilly months. With a little agave nectar and splash of coconut milk, it is divine. 

// Slipper Boots - I must admit that I laughed a little when I opened this Christmas present from my mom, but gosh darn it if I haven't worn them almost every day since! I chronically have cold feet, and changing into these when I get home from work keeps my feet toasty warm (and typically goes with the skinny jeans + striped shirt combo I've worn to work). 

// Fresh Sugar Balm in Rose - This has been a favorite for almost a year now, but the it's super moisturizing and give a sheer wash of a rosy color, and I've reached for it day and night to keep my lips from becoming dry & chapped. 

What products have been keeping you comfortable this winter? 

No comments: