Thursday, August 1, 2013

Welcome, August



July was a fantastic month for me. I celebrated the 4th with dear friends, sangria, and karaoke. I spent a week at the beach with 22 (!) members of my family.  I celebrated a birthday. I purged, donated, packed, and moved my belongings into a new apartment with my beau. The calendar was full and bursting at the seams, and this time, I reveled in it instead of letting it overwhelm me. 

But, as the calendar flips and a new month begins, I want to set a few goals and intentions for this last month of summer. August will be a more relaxed month for me, a chance for me to slow down and reset. 

+ Watch quality TV (House of Cards, Orange Is the New Black, and Call the Midwife are on tap)
+ Take advantage of the fact that a library is a block away  (books & audio books, hurray!)
+ Schedule fun social activities, like brunch, coffee, or ice cream dates with friends
+ Organize my new planner for upcoming months 
+ Be more adventurous in my new kitchen, cook a few new recipes
+ Get outside for morning walks or evening walks after dinner 
+ Never turn down an opportunity for an ice cream cone 

Happy August, friends! 

{photo taken at the beach last month}

1 comment:

Flora and Fauna said...

Yay! House of Cards is fantastic!! Let me know when you're done so we can discuss :). Perhaps we need to have a coffee date to discuss it all :). Wonderful goals and life changes can be overwhelming but wonderful too. Cheers to August! xo