Thursday, January 24, 2013

Favorite Things: January 2013

Temple Run - I'm not really much of a game player, but my boyfriend's nieces got me hooked on this game during our recent trip to California. The basic gist is that you're an explorer running through a temple while being chased by monkeys. You collect coins, jump over things, slide under things, and (my favorite part!) when you die, you can just play again. It is mindless and fun, and kept my mind occupied during my long flights. 

David's Tea - I'd heard many good things about this loose leaf tea company, but hadn't actually bit the bullet to order any. Imagine my glee when I found an actual store a stone's throw from where we stayed in San Francisco! I picked up 6 different kinds, and each has been a winner. My favorite so far is Organic Detox, a green tea blend with ginger, gingko, and juniper berries. 

YSL Volupte Sheer Candy - I first heard of this tinted gloss/balm from my friend Ashley (who has an amazing blog & YouTube channel), but it took me a few months to pony up the cash & give it a try. But after all the lip products I've purchased over the past year or so, this one absolutely takes the cake. After purchasing it 2 weeks ago, I literally have worn nothing else. The color (I have mouthwatering berry) is gorgeous, it smells slightly fruity, and it hydrates my lips like nothing else I own. 

Julep nail polish - I have a serious nail polish buying problem, which is why I'm thrilled to have found Julep. Their creme polishes are fantastic, glossy, and long wearing, and they have a fun monthly subscription service (called Julep Maven) where you receive 2 polish colors + a special product each month. Best of all, you can skip any month without penalty. 

What Alice Forgot - I've read many good books this year, but my favorite so far is What Alice Forgot by Liane Moriarty. It follows a woman named Alice who, at 39-years-old, has a head injury where she wakes up thinking she's 29-years-old. It may sound like a slightly cheesy premise, but the primary & secondary characters were extremely well developed and it really left me thinking about the storyline well after I'd finished the book. 

What are you enjoying this month?

2 comments:

Flora and Fauna said...

Awesome list! That tea sounds amazing! Since coffee is a no go for me these days I'm always on the hunt for some good tea! Thanks for sharing! xo

ashleyTIA said...

So, so glad you loved What Alice Forgot! Loved your list, Sar. <3