Thursday, July 26, 2012

At This Moment


 It's no secret that summer isn't my favorite, but I'm trying to embrace this season for all of the good that it holds -- a chance to slow down and enjoy life, wear sandals, eat outside, and savor a little more daylight. 

Here are a few things I'm keeping in mind to enjoy this next month: 
  • Go through my closet and donate any of my summer clothes that don't make me feel fabulous. Life is too short to wear things we don't enjoy.
  • Wake up earlier to have a leisurely morning, instead of my usual rush. 
  • Buy fresh flowers for the kitchen table, and try to keep my orchid alive. 
  • Unplug from the computer, iPad, and phone for one blissful day. 
  • Eat as many tomatoes and peaches as possible, straight from the farmer's market. 
  • Stop and get lemonade at a lemonade stand. 
  • Eat an ice cream cone at least once per weekend, calories be damned. 
  • Spend a day taking pictures of everything I find beautiful. 
  • Clean out/organize something that desperately needs it (junk drawer, makeup bag, closet). 
  • Enjoy early evenings the rooftop deck of my apartment, reading. 
  • Relaxing weekend getaway with my beau, just the two of us. 
  What's on your list?

No comments: