Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Sweater Weather


I realize that it's super popular to love fall at the moment - commercials for Pumpkin Spice Lattes, Pinterest boards full of boots/leggings/scarf outfits, and Instagram feeds of mini pumpkins are taking over the internet. But for me, my love affair with fall is a long-standing one. Something about the crisp air and rich colors suit me, and my energy is always high during this time of year. Now that it seems we've officially made it through our Indian Summer and are firmly planted in sweater weather, I'd like to share what I'm looking forward to this month. 

+ Sleeping with the windows open and an extra blanket at the ready
+ Wearing dark nail polishes 
+ Eating apple cider donuts, pumpkin bread, and apples
+ Drinking a mug of hot (herbal) tea in the evenings 
+ Lighting candles when I get home from work 
+ Making soup in my big red soup pot 
+ Curling up with a blanket & a good book (currently reading Unbroken) 
+ The return of fall TV (my favorite shows are Scandal, The Mindy Project, and HIMYM)
+ Coloring my hair a little richer and darker 
+ Rediscovering favorites in my closet 
+ Appreciating the changing leaves on my commute to & from work 
+ ... and maybe enjoying a Pumpkin Spice Latte or two 

I hope you're enjoying the start of this wonderful season, and have a great week! My dad & stepmom are coming into town this weekend for a visit, and I'm looking forward to spending some quality time with them while enjoying some of the things listed above. 

{Image via Pinterest}

1 comment:

ashleyTIA said...

A giant "ME TOO!" : )

Hope you have the best weekend with your dad & stepmom, Sarah.