Wednesday, September 19, 2012

A Fall To-Do List


All this talk about fall got me thinking: what is on my to-do list for my favorite time of year? 

  • Bake my mom's apple pie (it was a blue ribbon winner at my hometown's fall festival!)
  • Take a picnic lunch and go for a drive/hike on Skyline Drive 
  • Finally finish season 2 of Downton Abbey
  • Begin "CrockPot Sundays" (self explanatory) 
  • Enjoy my current fall wardrobe - no more clothes shopping!
  • Go on a camping trip with my beau (nearby bathrooms mandatory)
  • Read a classic book I've never read (The Great Gatsby is on tap for my book club)
  • Light candles more frequently
  • Buy some mini pumpkins and decorate my apartment
  • Say goodbye to a few TV shows that I'm not loving any longer (Grey's Anatomy, I'm looking at you...)
  • Take a day trip to a few of my favorite Northern Virginia wineries 
  • Enjoy a weekend with my dad and stepmom (they'll be here in mid-October - hurray!)
What are you looking forward to this season?

{Image via Pinterest}

2 comments:

Stevie said...

I'm so excited for it to cool down so I can start cooking and crock-potting again! I love making lots of cozy soups and stews in the fall.

I also can't wait to decorate. I have lots of fun autumn decorations and recently stocked up on lots of candles :-)

Holly said...

I love crockpot sundays! There's nothing better than weekend crockpot meals during fall :)